Saturday, October 1, 2016

How to save a life

How to save a life? At first sight, the answer to this question seems to be the hardest to give ever, because how easy could it be to save a life. But actually, I think to save a life is the minimum duty a person has to life itself. And I’m not talking about brave surgeons, who have saving lives as a job, nor about over the night heroes, who put their own life in danger to save that little girl walking out in front of the bus, I’m talking about the majority of people, who from different reasons don’t do anything for at least trying to save another human being.

Maybe we are over our heads dealing with our own distress, maybe we feel too small for such hard nuts to crack, or maybe we are just too busy being happy. Some people, once they get their lives on a smooth track, wouldn’t give up two seconds of their happiness, to go back to the other border, where everything isn’t milk and honey, where people still need a helping hand, a friendly smile, or maybe just a kind word. So many people need help, that saving a life should be the easiest thing to do in the whole world.

Just stop for a little while and look around, maybe it’s the friend you’ve known for your entire life, or maybe it’s the sad face you’ve never seen before…you don’t know who it is, but someone definitely is out there, screaming low for help. Our own grief is not enough to pay for our happiness, but our smallest acts of kindness are. I’m not saying this as a judgement, because who am I to judge others? I have no right to do that, especially as long as I thing that I was closer to taking a live, rather than saving one. I’m just thinking that it would be nice for us not to get to the “where did I go wrong” question, when it might be already late to do something for certain persons, and to start wondering “how to save a life?”...

No comments:

Post a Comment