Saturday, October 1, 2016

Chasing a memory

A memory. That's all I've got left from you. That's all you ever were. I never knew the real you. I wanted you to be as I needed you to be. And I got lost in a dream. Because I loved you and all I wished for was you to love me back. You never did. You never cared. Your lips lied when we kissed. We were together, but never two pieces of a whole.

I needed you next to me, so I refused to open my eyes. When I did it was too late. You were already gone. Forever. It's funny how you can miss someone you never had. But I did. I missed you so much. I missed your lies, all the beautiful words you told me and never meant, all the promises you broke.

I don't want the truth to ruin my sweet memory of you. I refuse! You were nothing but a lie, but you were the best I ever had in my life. A dusty proof that I once believed in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment