Saturday, October 1, 2016

Cotton candy

It's me. Here on this blue planet. And miles away there is you. We are the only ones who count. I look at the sky and clouds and doubt, why do we even call them clouds, I want to call them cotton candy. I think of you and I'm nothing but certain, you are my everything. In my world I'm allowed to miss you, to name the clouds cotton candy, to feel lonely in a crowd. I look around, I see dull faces disappearing  into the distance. I don't see you.

It's just me and a mirror. I don't recognize myself, who's standing in front of me? I don't recognize any of my features, the only feature that defined me was being somebody you cared about. And I failed, now I don't remember who I am. Who am I supposed to be without you? I'm confused. Do you know who you are? Was it easy to become something else than half of we? If we met, would I recognize you or we are two strangers on a blue planet wishing on different falling stars?

Look, there's cotton candy shaped as a heart on the sky. Do you see it? Oh, it's breaking in two pieces. Who cares, they are just clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment