Saturday, October 1, 2016

Dreaming my dreams

Dreaming costs nothing, some say. I must disagree! Actually, it can cost you more than you can imagine. It can abandon you on the boulevard of broken dreams, where all your hopes turned to ashes, where butterflies can’t fly because their wings are too heavy, where there is no sky, just a black whole to nowhere, where the stars are too sad to shine. I think it’s better to keep your feet on the ground, too accept the bad and the good from your life and take it from there. If there’s sun let it embrace your soul, if it rains let the drops fall on your skin, no one else can feel them for you.

But, not tonight. If only for a night, I want to dream. To close my eyes and live in a fantasy world where you and I could belong to one another. Where your destiny would bring you to me, where I could call for you and you would hear my whisper. You’d take my hand and I’d hold it so tight like I’d never let go. I want to dream your lips on mine, to feel your breath inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment